IN CONCERT - CAROLE KING, NEIL YOUNG, JAMES TAYLOR, ELTON JOHN, THE EAGLES, JONI MITCHELL
Six classic rock concerts presented by the BBC in the early 1970's.
Over 3 hours of special music by Carole King, Neil Young, James Taylor, Elton John, The Eagles and Joni Mitchell.
1. Vintage footage of singer/songwriter Carole King, performing her songs, I Feel the Earth Move, (You Make Me Feel) Like a Natural Woman, So Far Away, It's Too Late, Smackwater Jack, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow and Up On The Roof, for a BBC live studio performance in 1971. James Taylor and Danny "Kootch" Kortchmar, guest on guitar. Running Time: 28:42
2. Footage of singer-songwriter Neil Young from 1971, featuring songs that were eventually to appear on Young's classic album Harvest, including Heart of Gold, A Man Needs a Maid, Out On The Weekend and Old Man. Running Time: 28:55
3. A classic concert from 1971 by American singer-songwriter, James Taylor. Songs performed include Fire and Rain, Sweet Baby James, Carolina On My Mind, Close Your Eyes, Steamroller Blues and Rainy Day Man. Running Time: 38:44
4. Accompanied by his band, background singers a string section and arranger/conductor Paul Buckmaster, Elton John sings the early songs he co-wrote with lyricist Bernie Taupin, including Your Song, Border Song, Take Me to the Pilot, 60 Years On and Burn Down the Mission. Running Time: 27:58
5. Footage of Californian country rockers The Eagles from 1973, performing classic hits such as Peaceful Easy Feeling, Witchy Woman and Take it Easy. At the time were they the epitome of the California sound, with a sweet blend of sophisticated country and rock music that took them to the top of the charts. Running Time: 32:24
6. You'll be hard-pressed to find a better early live video of Joni Mitchell, done for the BBC in 1970. Performing solo on guitar, piano and dulcimer, Mitchell presents seven songs from her first four albums. Though a few of the songs are among her most famous early compositions (Chelsea Morning, Both Sides Now, Big Yellow Taxi), there are also some less celebrated early album cuts (Cactus Tree, My Old Man, For Free, California). Running Time: 29:37
We Also Recommend
"SPECTOR" - FOUR PART DOCUMENTARY SERIES ABOUT MUSIC PRODUCER PHIL SPECTOR (2022)